Love the New Version of DW!!

Community Talks/Discussions, Projects and Announcements.
ShadowG

Love the New Version of DW!!

Hello! Xan has upgraded us!! WooT! ~Today is The Last Day for 5.2 version of DW!! Download 6.2 version https://assets.deltaworlds.com/downloads/dwb62.exe
Xandrah
Site Admin

Re: Love the New Version of DW!!

Glad you are enjoying the latest version!
Griff

Agreed! Everything is working very smoothly. I also see a new public building world in the works. This makes me happy!
Griff
Citizen #68

Formerly Legolas in AW
Xandrah
Site Admin

Glad to hear it!
Kepler

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting back on with 6.2. I'm running it on Kubuntu with Wine. I'm looking into it, may uninstall and reinstall 6.2. If Xan has any suggestions I'd be happy to here them. :)

Thank you!
Xandrah
Site Admin

Kepler wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:59 pm Hello,

I'm having trouble getting back on with 6.2. I'm running it on Kubuntu with Wine. I'm looking into it, may uninstall and reinstall 6.2. If Xan has any suggestions I'd be happy to here them. :)

Thank you!
Ahh now I had issues with this myself on my linux machine, I had to update wine and this resolved the issues, can you tell me the exact problem, and a screenshot?
Griff

Thank you!
I had issues as well, using Linux Mint with Wine. Any time I tried to open DW, the splash screen would appear for a fraction of a second and the process would die. The Ubuntu repository maintains an old version of Wine, 6.0.3. If you go to the Wine website, they have a walkthrough for how to manually update to version 9.0 on any Ubuntu-based distro. Once I did that, everything has been working just fine.
Griff
Citizen #68

Formerly Legolas in AW
Kepler

Ahh now I had issues with this myself on my linux machine, I had to update wine and this resolved the issues, can you tell me the exact problem, and a screenshot?
[/quote]

The connection popup appears and immediately crashes within less than a second. Basically it is crashing. I have more than one Wine installation on my machine, so I'll temporarily uninstall one of them and clean things up in that regard, update Wine, and if that doesn't work I'll debug and figure out what is going on and let you know what I find. I'll also provide a video screenshot in case you want to see it crashing. :)
Kepler

Griff wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:51 am

Thank you!
I had issues as well, using Linux Mint with Wine. Any time I tried to open DW, the splash screen would appear for a fraction of a second and the process would die. The Ubuntu repository maintains an old version of Wine, 6.0.3. If you go to the Wine website, they have a walkthrough for how to manually update to version 9.0 on any Ubuntu-based distro. Once I did that, everything has been working just fine.
Thank you, that worked! Much appreciated. Wasn't aware the Ubuntu repository was that far behind.
Xandrah
Site Admin

Excellent glad its all been resolved, I will update the wiki soon to show a step by step guide on upgrading wine if people encounter the same issues!